Patient Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing high-quality care for all our patients and do all we can to avoid complaints being necessary.
However, we understand that despite our best efforts there may be occasions where you may feel let down.
Should this be the case we welcome the feedback so that we can try to put things right and prevent the problem from occurring again.
In the first instance you may wish to contact the practice to discuss the issue, either with our practice manager or one of our dentists.
If you would prefer, you can also put your concerns down in writing and address it to:
Y Bont Faen Dental Surgery
Vale Of Glamorgan
We will investigate all complaints and keep you informed of the findings. We promise to learn from all issues that arise to help improve our future service.
Please be assured we take all complaints about any aspect of our service seriously.
- We aim to resolve an issue at the time it is raised if possible. Should you be dissatisfied with our response and wish to take it further you can raise a formal complaint by putting it into writing.
- The Complaints manager will acknowledge receiving any formal complaint in writing within two working days.
- We will the investigate the matter and you will receive a report of our findings in 30 working days. If for any reason it is anticipated to take longer we will inform you of this.
- You will be invited to attend the practice to discuss the findings should you wish to.
- Should you still be unhappy with our response and wish to escalate your complaint, you can contact the following organisations.
General Dental Council: https://www.gdc-uk.org
Cardiff and Vale Health Board- 02920 747747
NHS Ombudsman- 0845 801 0987
Healthcare Inspectorate Wales- 0300 062 8163
Dental Complaints Service- 08456 120 540
DPAS Complaints- 01747 870910